Happy Father’s Day! Now for the worst dad ever.
Today is Father’s Day, so I thought it would be useful to write about the worst father ever imagined. I’m talking about Yahweh, so “imagined” is an amusingly appropriate term. Why is he the worst father ever? Let’s take a look at why Yahweh deserves the title of “Worst Dad Ever”:
- When his children misbehaved he drowned the entire planet, killing 99% of them.
- He ordered one of his sons to murder his grandson, only telling him it was a joke at the last second.
- Yahweh also made a deal with another one of his children to kill the first thing that left the man’s house, in order to win a battle, knowing full well ahead of time that it would be the man’s daughter. He did not stop this man and the daughter was slaughtered and burned.
- He sent another one of his son’s to Earth to be tortured and then murdered so that his own bloodlust could be satisfied. Depending on your theology, he may have also sent this son to Hell to be tortured more for three days.
- He plays favorites by deliberately showing his power to a select few and then punishing the rest of his kids when they are skeptical of the claims of the handful of kids.
- He gives infinite punishment to those who are not even able to comprehend infinity, for finite crimes.
- Lastly, Yahweh also plays the meanest game of hide and seek ever, hiding from his children in such a way that he cannot be found, then sending those children who can’t find him to Hell for eternity.